Protection And Use Of Patient Information
To ensure that you receive the best possible care and so that we can all work together for your benefit, there may be occasions when we may need to share some information about you with others who have a genuine need for it in your and everyone's interest.
The main reasons for which your information may be needed are:
- Providing you with health care and treatment at the surgery and out of hours
- Looking after the health and social welfare of the general public
- Ensuring that our services can meet patient needs in the future
- Helping us review the care provided, thus ensuring the highest standard
- Training and educating staff (you may choose whether or not you wish to be involved)
- Investigating complaints or legal claims
- Statistical analysis and research (you will not be identified in any published results or papers without your prior consent)
- Preparing statistics on performance, payment and activity (steps are taken to ensure you cannot be identified)
Patients who do not want their information shared should inform the Practice Manager.